Science and I
I have pretty much enjoyed science most of my life. Middle school science was especially enjoyable because my teacher was amazing. He taught the subject in an entertaining manner that helped me further develop my interest in science. Biology was more fascinating to me rather than environmental science. I took AP biology in high school and loved it, although it was very stressful and challenging. I volunteered to assist my teacher in his master's research with collecting data about dragonflies on our campus. Science was not heavily discussed in my home, but it was not fully ignored. My sister also loves science and is studying horticultural, so I mostly talked about it with her.
Science is fascinating because it teaches us how the world we live in operates. I am passionate about being involved in S.T.E.M subjects since not many women are represented in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields. Sustainability to me is preserving the planet in which we live on. It is crucial to be educated on how to prevent depletion of Earth's natural resources and to provide a better home for future generations. We still have to live on this planet and utilize its resources, so it only makes sense to take care of it.
Science is fascinating because it teaches us how the world we live in operates. I am passionate about being involved in S.T.E.M subjects since not many women are represented in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields. Sustainability to me is preserving the planet in which we live on. It is crucial to be educated on how to prevent depletion of Earth's natural resources and to provide a better home for future generations. We still have to live on this planet and utilize its resources, so it only makes sense to take care of it.
Julie, I am so glad you had a great science teacher in middle school who inspired you in developing interest towards STEM fields. I am completely agree with you that there is a low representation of women in STEM fields. I am sensing that you are interested in becoming a professional in that field. Am I correct?
ReplyDeleteYes, I hope to possibly have a career in the field.
Delete